Regionals 2017 - Conference Recap
Congratulations on a HUGE showing at the WAFBLA West Central Regional Conference 2017 today! We are so proud of all of the hard work (and stress) that you put into preparing for your competitive events and then dealing with crazy weather, logistics issues, and rules changes before and during the event.
The officer team has prepared a report of all our awards and probable state qualifier results that we will also be using to determine state commitment and registration in the upcoming weeks. **Please check the document to make sure your name, team, events, and places are correct, especially if you won an award or believe you have qualified for state.**
Meanwhile, a quick summary of our results!
- At regionals, we were represented by 88 of our 114 registered members this year, setting an all-time chapter record for membership size.
- In this year's competition, Inglemoor FBLA earned 66 awards in over 40 events, including 13 first place awards, and advanced teams to state in 5 more events as well.
- Shoutout to the Class of 2018 for most state qualifiers (32) of any class: great work juniors!
- To the Class of 2020, we are incredibly impressed and proud that we have 7 freshman state qualifiers for the first time in chapter history, and are looking forward with interest to your future in Inglemoor FBLA!
- We also had 21 sophomores and 22 seniors qualify for the state competition, bringing our total number of potential state qualifiers to 82 members; another all-time chapter record!
Moving forward, we are planning on having an all-chapter REGIONALS RECOGNITION POTLUCK DINNER (and preliminary state information session) on WEDNESDAY FEB. 8, from 5:00-7:00PM at IHS. Please feel free to invite your friends and family: we really hope to have a packed house and expect to see ALL MEMBERS PRESENT! We will be giving out awards that were collected for stand-ins, distributing event scoresheets, discussing state event commitments, and what the rest of the year for our chapter will look like. Remember:
It's a dinner potluck. Everyone (guests too) brings dishes to share. Not chips and cookies.
See you at club on Tuesday 2/7: we have lots of information for BAA/CSA members (yes, we didn't forget) and also an exciting new CHAPTER FUNDRAISER to help address state costs.
Whether or not you qualified for state or won an award today, we hope that you have had a great experience and are ready to do even more at a higher level! Great work Vikings!